Sending a Meeting Reminder
Click here to watch a YouTube video on sending a meeting reminder.
When a report is assigned to you a preliminary meeting request message is automatically sent to the student. The meeting request asks the student to contact you promptly by email or phone to schedule a meeting. Most students will contact you, but sometimes a student will forget or decide to ignore the message. When this happens you will need to send a meeting reminder to the student.
If you do not hear from a student within 2 days of being assigned a report, send a meeting reminder. Here is how you send a reminder:
- Log in to Advocate and access the student's report.
- From the Core Information tab of the report, click the button labelled Other Actions. This will open a drop down menu.
- From the drop down menu select the option Send Letter. This takes you to the Letters tab to create a new letter.
- For the Letter Template pick Meeting Request Reminder. This creates a new letter using the meeting request reminder template.
- Scroll down to the HTML Body field, which is where the actual message is.
- In the third paragraph of the message you must edit the first sentence to replace the capitalized word DATE with an appropriate deadline. Give the student two additional days to contact you. So for instance, if today is August 21st, I would give the student until August 23rd to contact me.
- Do not edit any other parts of the message!
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the button labelled Email Letter Now.
That's it! The reminder message will be sent and you'll be returned to the Core Information tab of the report.