In 2011 the office developed a strategic plan to guide program development and strategic goal settings, as well as to provide a means to measure goals through periods of staff transition. The strategic plan identifies five key goals for the office:
- Provide comprehensive programs and procedures to address student conduct and conflict resolution.
- Provide evidence-based educational opportunities and training for the Emory community.
- Meet and promote the ethical and legal standards of the university, division, and profession.
- Improve the recognition and reputation of the office within the community, regionally, and nationally.
- Contribute to student development, leadership, community, and diversity.
The plan identifies a range of action items to achieve each of these goals, and will guide the office's work through 2016.